Monday, March 17, 2008

Chocolate Easter Baskets

Cameron decided it would be fun for us to make something for the families that he home teaches. So we found these chocolate Easter baskets that seemed easy enough: melt the chocolate, fill the mold, cool and done! NOT SO EASY!!!! There were 4 colors of chocolate and by the time you got the final color melted the first one was hard again. The basket part of the mold took way too long to harden so we kept breaking them as we were trying to get them out. Chocolate was everywhere! Finally after about 2 hours of melting, molding, remelting, and remolding we had 3 baskets with chocolates in them. Even though it took longer and was harder than expected it was still fun. The girls thought it was great! I'm glad they still like to do little family projects and spend time together. I'm going to enjoy it while I can and HOPE they never outgrow it!



One of the final baskets!

5 comments:

The Stevens said...

Way to go guys, how creative. I am so excited for you guys to come!

Post-it Notes said...

So cute! I think they turned out darling even if they did take longet than expected.

Courtney said...

I think they turned out super cute!!! :)

The Seaman Family said...

So creative. Way to go. I haven't done anything for Easter yet. Sad but those are really cute!

Kelli said...

wow, i'm IMPRESSED! looks yummy!